Kingda Ka, Six Flags Great Adventure

Kingda Ka, Six Flags Great Adventure

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Adventureland's New 'Monster'


Looks like Des Moines, Iowa will be another hot destination for roller coaster enthusiasts this year. I'm speaking specifically of Adventureland Amusement Park in Altoona and their new Monster roller coaster.  I am loving the fact that these non big-name parks are whipping up some major thrills (see Lagoon's Cannibal).  When I first checked out a video of this one, which opened to the public this past Saturday, I salivated with excitement at that first, 101 degree drop.


Monster is the park's 4th roller coaster and by far the most fearsome.  Starting with that drop from a height of about 133 feet, this coaster whips through five different types of inversions at speeds of up to 65 miles per hour.  This new coaster won't warrant a specific trip to Des Moines, but if I am ever within 100 miles of it, I am going!  Check it out...


No comments:

Post a Comment